keskiviikko 11. helmikuuta 2015

Recycling Plymouth


The first week went by so quickly. The first non-travelling day was all about me getting to know the place a bit more. I had a taxi waiting for me outside the apartment and it took me to Almond Vocational, where we had a bit of a meeting talking about this work placement and the city and so forth. After that I got to take a little walking tour around the city. We also took a quick visit to my workplace, Recycling Plymouth, and that was the first time I actually got to know at least somewhat what I’m going to be doing for the next two months. As you can probably guess from the name Recycling Plymouth, they recycle things. Most of the “things” are different kinds of electronics, from TV’s and computers to fridges and washing machines. 

 I’ve now got couple workdays behind me and I’m working in the computer section of the establishment. We take in old or broken computers, fix them and sell them for a reasonable price. So far my work has consisted of installing/preparing computers to be ready for sale and taking apart scrap laptops and televisions. The work has been enjoyable (at least so far), but they still keep telling me if I don’t like it or I get bored they can find me something else to do. Though I have to say that I have one complaint about the place, it’s as cold inside as it is outside since the place is basically a small warehouse. So you have to wear a jacket inside too. Other than that the work environment is nice and the people I’m working with are nice and very helpful. And the fact that the workplace is a walking distance away from where I’m staying isn’t bad either.


1 kommentti:

  1. Hi Elmeri, great to hear that everything is going fine!

    Perhaps you can, later ask if they could find you other tasks to do as well? Please tell more about your working day, accommodation etc...Have you done any travelling in the surrounding area? You can also attach pictures.

    VastaaPoista